Thank you for taking the time to write a nomination for the 2022 Queer Youth Leadership Awards!
QYLA was created in 1998 to shift the conversation about queer youth from risk to leadership. This county-wide, collaborative event serves to honor and celebrate queer youth leaders and the ally’s that support and empower them. With the help of individuals like you who take the time to write nominations, we can continue to celebrate our youth leaders and their ally’s as well as the thriving and inclusive community we are creating, together.
QYLA consists of three award categories:
- Queer Youth Leadership Award (self identified queer youth between the ages child-18)
- Ally to Queer Youth Award (individual straight ally’s of any age or self identified queer adults over 18)
- Organizational Ally to Queer Youth Award (org or business providing support or visibility to queer youth)
* For more information about each of the categories and the awards, please see below.
To complete the online nomination by Friday, March 4, 2022 at 5:00 pm, follow these easy steps:
- Click on the link to the online nomination
- Fill out YOUR information
- Fill out NOMINEE information
- Provide as much information as possible about the nominee as well the most recent contact information available
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘submit’
- Incomplete nominations cannot be accepted!
- For questions, please contact us at (831) 427-4004 or email us
Thank you for taking the time to nominate and we’ll see you on May 14, 2022 at the 25th Annual Queer Youth Leadership Awards!
The Queer Youth Leadership Award
The Queer Youth Leadership Award is given annually to queer youth who are 8 to 18 years of age to acknowledge their accomplishments and the contributions they have made to their communities, whether this be in their homes, schools, religious institutions, athletic or academic teams, or other social groups. Four awardees will receive a cash award of $250, as well as the opportunity to designate a queer youth–friendly project or nonprofit organization in their community to receive a $500 donation.
The Ally to Queer Youth Award
One non-monetary award designed to honor allies of any age who have made significant contributions to improving the lives of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, or Intersex youth and youth who have GLBTI family members.
The Organizational Ally to Queer Youth Award
One non-monetary award designed to honor an organization that has made significant contributions to improving the lives of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, or Intersex youth in Santa Cruz County.