Nominations for 2017 are now Closed!
The Queer Youth Leadership Award is given annually to queer youth who are 12 to 18 years of age to acknowledge their accomplishments and the contributions they have made to their communities as leaders, whether this be in their homes, schools, religious institutions, athletic or academic teams, or other social groups.
These youth are leaders of today who show a promise for the future. They are out and have made a difference by overcoming obstacles in their own lives, or by working on projects that have benefited their community. We encourage nominations for role models representing various races, cultures, languages, religions, ages, genders, classes, abilities, levels of education, and geographical locations.
Please contact us at (831) 427-4004 or email us for more information.
The Queer Youth Leadership Awards are produced by the Queer Youth Task Force.
Nomination Statement Guidelines: Include at least 3 detailed examples of leadership of the following for the youth you are nominating:
- How has this Queer Youth made a difference to others?
- In what ways has this youth been a role model for queer youth in their field of academics, athletics, activism or the arts?
- What obstacles has this youth had to overcome?
- How does this young person show a promise for the future? Describe leadership abilities this person has demonstrated.
- How does this youth stand out above others?