PSA’s created by the Safe Schools Project
- We see you!You’re going to get through this. Stay strong, stay safe, take care of yourself and one another, and reach out when you need help. SafeSchoolsProject.org
- Promoting GSAs! Helping get the word out about GSAs, QSAs, and SAGAs.
- From our LGBTQIA+ Home to Yours — A Holiday Message to LGBTQIA+ Youth — The Safe Schools Project created a brief holiday video message from openly LGBTQIA+ elected officials from Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties to LGBTQIA+ youth.
Resources to Support LGBTQIA+ Youth Mental Health
- The Trevor Project: Crisis support for LGBTQIA+ youth 24/7 and 365 days a year. Free and confidential. Call 1-866-488-7386 or Text “start” to 678-678. You can also chat online and access more mental health resources at thetrevorproject.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Free and confidential access to crisis counselors 24/7 and 365 days a year. Call 1-800-273-8255.
- Mobile Emergency Response Team for Youth (MERTY) provides crisis support services to youth 21 and under in South County (North County coming this summer). The clinical team will come to you and can provide services at safe sites including schools and other community settings, including after-school programs and faith based organizations. To request MERTY services, call 1-800-952-2335 Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- NAMI Santa Cruz County Help Line: Receive support and access to local resources. Leave a message and receive a call back within 24 hours from a trained volunteer. Call (831) 427-8020.
Santa Cruz County Resources
Safe Schools Project of Santa Cruz County
Safe School Resources. A catalyst for action in each Santa Cruz County school district to make schools safer for all youth.
The Diversity Center
Santa Cruz County LGBTIQ Community Center. Triangle Speakers, youth resources, drop-in hours and a library of over 2000 titles.
The Lionel Cantú GLBTI Resource Center at UCSC
Provides social, educational and support services for UCSC students, staff, facility and the community on GLBTI issues.
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
The Santa Cruz chapter of the ACLU carries on public education & lobbying to defend the civil rights of all individuals, including the LGBT community.
Queer Youth Task Force of Santa Cruz County
Works to improve the quality for life for all LGBT youth in Santa Cruz County, as well as children and siblings raised in families with LGBT members.
PFLAG Santa Cruz County
A welcoming place for parents and members of the LGBTQ community. Parents, Families, LGBTQ, and Allies Group—PFLAG.
Transfamily Support Group
A community of parents and families supporting our transgender and gender non conforming children.
Trans Teen Project of Santa Cruz County
Cultivate connection, awareness, and support for trans* youth in Santa Cruz County.
Out In Our Faith
Open & Affirming Places of Worship
Santa Cruz County’s coalition of 22 houses of worship as Open & Affirming for the LGBTIQ & Ally community.
Suicide Prevention Service of the Central Coast
(877) 663-5433 toll-free or (831) 458-5300
Available 24/7/365 and totally free and confidential for youth to call to seek support.